eSm^_^iley Cyber Youth Support Team
- Proactively searching and approaching at-risk and hidden youths through popular online platforms among youths, providing intervention and support through online and offline means as well as referral services to relevant mainstream services for follow up;
- Forming partnership, strategic alliance and cross-sectoral collaboration with other community stakeholders and organisations, to address the needs and problems of the at-risk and hidden youths; and
- Mobilising community resources, arranging training, and promoting community education on matters relating to at-risk and hidden youths, with a view to build a conductive social environment for youth.
Target Group of Services:
- The Support Team mainly serves youth aged 6 to 24 who are active on various online platforms. If there are youth who encounter difficulties in their development or are constrained by unfavourable environmental factors, the Support Team will provide support services according to their individual needs. Given that there may be difficulties in verifying the real age of the persons connected in the online platforms at the initial contact / outreaching stage, to cater for immediate needs of persons connected and allow flexibility in service provision, transitional intervention may be provided by the CYST on a need basis for those persons connected online but are later confirmed to be outside the age range of 6 to 24. The CYST should refer them to appropriate mainstream services as soon as practicable.
- The Cyber Youth Support Team provides an integrated service delivery model as well as innovative programme means to enhance the wellbeing of the target service users. Social workers will use instant messaging software and online platform to get to know youth, and they can verify the identity of social workers through our website to protect the privacy of youth.
- For youth who have troubled in their developmental stage, social workers will take the initiative to provide consultation and counselling services through the Internet, and provide appropriate online and offline support according to their needs.
- To provide guidance, support and counseling services on multi levels for the service users and their significant others to overcome their difficulties and problems.
- To organise online and offline group activities and programmes for enhancing target youths’ problem-solving skills, conflict resolution, resilience, stress management, life skills training, etc.
- According to youth’s interests, strengths and development goals, mobilising target youths to receive offline services and connect them to other mainstream services, employment programmes, etc. when necessary and as appropriate.
- To establish referral mechanism/ network and interfacing with other mainstream services, such as Integrated Children and Youth Services Centres (ICYSCs), Integrated Family Service Centres (IFSCs), medical service, etc.
- To provide public education and training in the community/ welfare/ education sectors as well as foster cross-sectoral collaboration and partnership with community stakeholders and organisations to address the needs of and provide support for target youths: and
- To provide any other services to meet the changing service needs of the service users.