Community Care Fund
Pilot Scheme on Support for Elderly Persons Discharged from Public Hospitals after Treatment (NTE)
The scheme, implemented in October 2021, aims at supporting elderly persons just discharged from public hospitals who are in need of transitional care and support, by providing them with transitional community care and support and/or residential care services for normally not more than four months.
- 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2023
- To support elderly persons just discharged from public hospitals who are in need of transitional care and support, by providing them with transitional community care and support and/or residential care services; and
to enable them to continue ageing-in-place in a familiar community and prevent their premature long-term institutionalisation in residential care homes for the elderly.
- Aged 60 or above; and with temporary loss of self-care ability due to illness, and assessed by medical staff of the Hospital Authority to be in need of transitional care and support, and not covered under the existing “Integrated Discharge Support Programme for Elderly Patients”.
Home making service
Transitional day care services
Transitional residential care services
Carer training and support
Environmental risk assessment and home modifications recommendation
Scope of Service:
- Needy elderly persons referred by the medical staff of Prince of Wales Hospital, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, North District Hospital, Shatin Hospital and Tai Po Hospital.
- Enquiry hour: 9:00am to 12:45pm, 1:45pm to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
- Tel：3990 1500
- Fax：3702 1071
Service Pamphlet (Chinese only): Download